Saturday, April 30, 2016

New Chronological Study Bible





















While we typically do topical or book studies from the Bible, Thomas Nelson Publishers have provided us with a chronological means to read through the Bible from Creation to A.D. 100.  Written in the New King James version, I find the text easier to understand than I expected having been exposed primarily the KJV as a child.  Until recently, I must admit I hadn't thought a lot about the typical Genesis through Revelation not being chronological so I look forward to using this in a daily reading.  Somewhat challenging I would think to use in a group setting unless everyone has such a text or you use the scripture passage index in the back but you may find yourself needing to bookmark those pages if the pastor is covering a lengthy passage.

Thomas Nelson released the NKJV of this Bible years ago but in hardback format.  This newly released version comes in an imitation leather version with several color choices.  I personally prefer this binding because it is easier to handle. 

The features of the Bible are its selling points though.  From charts and graphs to transition comments that help you understand how the passage you are reading relate to other Biblical passages to background notes and Daily life allowing us to understand what was going on in the world around the Biblical characters to the 195 page concordance and more....all helpful pieces that will allow the reader a greater understanding of the Bible.  This volume also contains a one year and a two year reading plan for anyone who wants to set that as a goal.

Some of the pages are a bit difficult to get apart.  The golden gilding, I suppose, makes them stick together when new.  Jesus' words are pretty easy to discern but this is not a red letter edition.  Overall, I am excited to own this Bible and am looking forward to seeing how God may use it to further my understanding of Him.

I did receive this volume free from the publisher and am in no way obligated to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment