Friday, May 10, 2019

Perfect for the bride

NKJV, Bride's Bible, Leathersoft, White, Comfort Print  -

I know I am old school but I love the thought of a bride carrying a Bible on her wedding day.  What better foundation to give your future than God's word?  I carried one on my wedding day that was beautiful and oh so heavy.  This small edition of both Old and New Testament is so lightweight and manageable  that it would barely be noticed yet provide the comfort and assurance through the day that God is the center of this relationship.

The soft "leather" cover, gold gilded pages, ribbon marker and pages at the front to record the details of the wedding day, how the couple met, and the proposal story along with other memories are sure to make this Bible an heirloom.  I plan to use one like it for my daughter's special day in hopes that it will be passed down to her daughter for her wedding.  The print is small for my eyesight and there is no commentary or index (which I am sure was omitted to allow for the petite size) but I love the fact that Jesus' words on written in red.  The embossed floral design on toward the spine is lovely but I must admit I could have done without the center of the flowers being a small rose gold dot but I think my daughter will love that touch.  Don't misunderstand, it isn't overwhelming at all and is subtle but I think the simple embossing would have been better.

Two thumbs up to Thomas Nelson for printing a Bible special for wedding use.  The size can't be beat and I love the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment